Canon Printer Setup Guide
Canon is one of the best brands in the market which provides numerous devices. Canon Printer is one of the best devices produced by Canon. It is the wireless inkjet multifunctional printer that can print, scan, and copy your documents or files from anywhere. This printer provides excellent output quality and best performance. Canon wireless printer is compatible with Wi-Fi Direct, Airprint, and its own print service. Canon printer is a capable machine with an easy setup process and an attractive set of features. If you are looking for a well-rounded machine with a copier, scanner, cloud printer, and a card reader then Canon printer is the best option for you. The basic Canon printer setup is super easy and needs little effort. Just install the printer drivers so that your printer can communicate with the computer. It is important to set up the Canon printer to make an optimize use of this device. So this website will walk you through the canon wireless printer setup steps which are easy to understand. Here you will also know about related topics such as Canon ij setup wireless printer, connect wireless canon printer to laptop and many more. Let’s talk about Canon setup.
Canon Wireless Printer Setup
There are different methods to set up the Canon printer you can use any method as per your convenience. Before we start the Canon printer setup let’s talk about the essentials that you will need for the process.
Before You Need :
- Printer Setup CD
- Printer drivers installed on your PC
- Printer Wires/Cables
- Wi-Fi username and password
- Printer Manual
Canon Printer Setup Steps
Here are the steps to complete the configuration of the printer
If you face trouble in setting up your Canon printer contact us at our toll-free no. We will resolve all your issues related to your device.
- To start the setup process, insert the setup CD in the hard drive of the computer.
- After that, you have to select the country, language on the next page and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Next, you need to select the option ‘Setup your printer with a wireless network’ to connect canon printer to wifi.
- In the next step, choose the ‘Settings’.
- Now, look for the ‘Wireless LAN’ settings and select the ‘Wireless LAN Setup’.
- Now, click ‘OK’.
- As soon as you will tap OK, the setup process will reach its final stage.
- Next, you will see the Wi-Fi light will indicate a blue color on it.
- Now, select the easy settings option and click Ok.
- Now you can select the Wi-Fi network that you want to choose. After selecting the interface hit Ok.
- Under Network Settings, enter the Wi-Fi password and username to operate the network on your printer.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi?
- Turn the Printer On. Now check whether the Wi-Fi LED flashes or not.
- Now insert the Canon setup CD to install the printer software.
- Install the printer drivers on the computer and run the .exe file.
- Next, click the Setup button and follow the online instructions.
- Next, you need to select the Wireless Connection.
- Select the ‘Wireless LAN connection’.
- Now, you will see the list of available printers. Choose your Canon printer from the list.
- As the process continues, select the software file from your PC and click ‘Next’.
- After that, click ‘Exit’ to complete the process.
How to troubleshoot the Canon Printer?
Having a problem getting your Canon printer to print properly? There are various troubleshooting tips to resolve the canon mg2920 wireless setup issues. Have a look at the troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that the printer is getting the proper power supply.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is connected to the PC properly.
- Open the top of the printer to see if there is a piece of paper stuck in the paper feed.
- Next, restart the computer and the Canon printer.
- Try to update the printer drivers to the latest one.
- Next, uninstall and then re-install the software of your printer.
- Check if the issue is with your printer’s ink cartridges.
- Open the printer settings and change the print quality to resolve the printing speed issues.
- Now, check the paper rollers and try to clean the paper tray.
Canon Printer Setup FAQs
Query: Where can I find the serial number of my Canon Printer?
Answer: You can find the serial number on the bottom of your printer.
Query: What can I do if I forgot my password?
Answer: Log into the Canon login admin page. Click the ‘Forgot Password’ option. Enter your email address with which you registered to Canon device. You will receive an email on your registered email id with your new password.
Query: I didn’t receive any confirmation mail after registration. Why?
Answer: You might have entered the wrong email address at the time of registration. On the Canon admin page, enter the correct email address and re-register again. Once you enter, you will get the confirmation mail.
Query: How do I set up canon ij setup wireless printer?
Answer: First of all, connect canon printer to wifi to communicate with PC. Now, install the canon printer drivers and software. Follow the instructions to complete the canon setup.
Query: What should I do if scanning function no longer work?
Answer: You should download the Canon Print and Scan doctor to automatically diagnose or resolve the software and hardware issues. Try to uninstall the printer software and re-install it again. You can reinstall the latest printer drivers from the canonprinters.support website. If all fails, try to restart the computer as well as your canon ij setup wireless printer.